We’ve been trying to resist it, but our Fall sweet tooth is taking over. Just because the dessert may be sweet, that doesn’t mean it can’t be healthy. This essential oil recipe is for those of you that like to have your cake and eat it too. Meaning, a dessert that is both delicious and beneficial to your health. Except that this isn’t an essential oil recipe for cake, rather, it is a recipe for incredible Peppermint Brownie Bites. Your mind is probably going to the taste of candy canes during December, but that’s not the flavor we’re going for here. The essence of this dessert is chocolate, and the peppermint is an essential oil that will energize and relax you all at the same time. If that’s not a win-win, we don’t know what is.
A Few Tips Before We Get Started
- If you are looking for more cake-like brownies, feel free to add another egg and a tablespoon of flour.
- If you like, you can substitute the coconut oil for more butter, or vegetable oil, but we prefer the soft and moist texture that coconut oil creates for the brownies.
- This muffin pan works amazingly for this recipe.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Gently drop your eggs in a cup of warm water to bring them to room temperature. Doing so will make for better consistency with your batter.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine coconut oil, cocoa powder, butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well.
- Take your eggs out of the warm water and break into the bowl. Mix in the eggs thoroughly by beating for about 30 seconds.
- Add flour, and mix until well integrated.
- Add peppermint essential oil and continue to stir
- Spoon the batter into baking cups. If the material is silicone, make sure that you place a baking sheet underneath to keep everything steady when placing in the oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 8-11 minutes, or until the toothpick test yields a few most crumbs. Don’t wait too long, you don’t want to overbake!
- Remove, and allow to cool.
- Enjoy with a bowl of ice cream or by themselves!
We love this recipe and are confident that your family will too. Visit the iTOVi blog for more great essential oil recipes that everyone in the family will enjoy!