Widely held as a dynamite method for weight management, boosting insulin sensitivity, and supporting many other aspects of mental and physical wellness—intermittent fasting is more popular than ever these days.
However, it’s important to fast safely and responsibly! And while your body may be able to do without calories for 12-16 hours, it still needs water and electrolytes during your fasting period to keep you healthy.
So, how about an easy homemade electrolyte drink to sip during your fasting window?
(And don’t worry! The calories in this recipe are negligible and won’t ruin your fast!)
Ingredients for iTOVi’s ElectroLIGHT Drink:
- 1 ½ cups of water (12 oz) of water
- ½ lime OR 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon of Liquid Stevia
- 1 drop of ingestible emulsifier (safe-for-consumption Polysorbate 80 or 20, Lecithin, etc)
- 2-4 drops of your favorite citrus oil (Orange, Grapefruit, Kumquat, etc—just make sure you have a food-grade, safe-for-ingestion oil)
- Fill a glass with 1 ½ cups of water.
- Using a handheld juicer, crush the half lime so that its juice runs into the glass OR simply measure out 1 tablespoon of store-bought lime juice and mix it into the glass
- Stir in the pink Himalayan salt, cream of tartar, apple cider vinegar, and Stevia.
- In a small, separate dish, thoroughly combine your oil drops and your one drop of emulsifier together before stirring them into your electrolyte mixture.
- Mix well and enjoy!