3/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 cup Water at room temperature
1/4 cup cup refined Shea Butter
1/2 tsp of Vitamin E oil (no preserve)
2 tbsp Beeswax Pastilles
1/2 cup Cocoa Butter Wafers
1 tablespoon Almond Oil
30 drops Peppermint
- Use a double boiler and melt the coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax and cocoa butter over low heat while stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot. Add the almond oil and the vitamin E. Allow the oils to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the melted oils into the blender. Add your peppermint essential oil. Turn your blender on and remove the central knob on the cover. Slowly drizzle your water into the blender.
- You will hear your blender gurgle. When you hear it do this, blend for just a few seconds more and turn off. Scoop out a small bit onto your finger and see if the scent is strong enough. If it isn’t, add 5-10 more drops of peppermint.
- Pour into mason jars or body cream jobs. Rinse out your blender and pot immediately with hot water to keep from getting sticky. You may have to use paper towels to remove any residue.
- Store your jar at room temperature and scoop out when needed. It can be stored in the fridge for 2-8 months, and 1-2 months unrefrigerated.