Kid-friendly food is great and all, but it just wouldn’t be the holidays without some seasonal flavors for adults. An assortment of plums in a colorful sangria make for the perfect party.
Ginger Plum Sangria
This recipe was adapted from The Salty Marshmallow.
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, sliced or 1 drop of orange essential oil
- 3 cinnamon sticks, or 2 drops of cinnamon
- 750 ml bottle of red wine (for a kid friendly version, substitute with a grape juice)
- 1 1/2 cups of orange juice
- 3-4 cups of cranberry juice
- 1-2 cups of club soda
- Combine fresh cranberries, sliced orange ( or 1 drop of orange essential oil), and 3 sticks of cinnamon (or two drops of cinnamon essential oil) in a large pitcher and combine.
Pour the wine, orange juice, and cranberry juice over the fruit and cinnamon.
Stir, and allow to chill for at least two hours for best flavor.
Pour sangria into glasses to 3/4 full, top with club soda.