You’ll be hard pressed to find a better tonic to start your day. Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Tonic tastes sweet, with a refreshingly earthy aftertaste, and provides you with tons of benefits!
Inflammation is the body’s response to stress and can be caused by poor eating habits, idle lifestyles, or recovering from an injury. Because our bodies are always warding off this kind of stress, most people are in a constant state of inflammation! High levels of inflammation makes you more susceptible to illness, and accelerates the rate at which you age.
Needless to say, a turmeric tonic can make all the difference in how you feel today. All of the complimentary ingredients in the tonic enhance the effects of turmeric and increase taste.
And the beauty of all this is that you can make it yourself! And no, you won’t even need a juicer.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups coconut water (you can also use filtered water a substitute)
- 2 tbsp grated fresh turmeric (or ½ to 1 tsp dried turmeric powder)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium carrot
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp raw honey (you can also substitute maple syrup here if you like the taste better!)
- Tiny bit of black pepper
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne or cinnamon if you like a little more taste to your tonic
Just place the ingredients in a blender, hit blend, and wait for everything to smooth! You can drink it right there, or you can strain the mixture if you prefer. It really is that easy.