The iTOVi Scanner combines galvanic skin response and Bluetooth technologies to generate personalized product evaluations. The small handheld device uses two points of contact for passing small electrical currents through the skin to measure the body’s resistance. The passing currents then record the body’s measurable responses to essential oil frequencies. The iTOVi Scanner uses a proprietary algorithm to organize the data from the body’s responses and then to compile that information into an individualized report.
This unique, mobile, handheld device is battery-operated, weighs approximately 4oz (113 g), and is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. The iTOVi Scanner’s sophisticated technology was developed to achieve a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
The scan displays information in the iTOVi app. Once the scan is completed, the app will show an individualized report, which you can send to the users.
The iTOVi Scanner is a medical device registered with the FDA. However, the iTOVi Scanner is not intended to diagnose, monitor, treat, or prevent any illness.
We hope you enjoy your iTOVi Scanner experience.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
• Use only the factory-supplied wall pack power supply charger.
Using another charger may result in electrical shock or equipment damage.
• iTOVi Scanner devices are not intended for use while attached to the wall pack power supply charger. Never attempt to operate the instrument while connected to the charger as electrical shock or damage to the scanner may occur.
• The iTOVi Scanner device is not waterproof. Keep the scanner dry. DO NOT IMMERSE the iTOVi Scanner device or accessories in water or any other liquid.
• The iTOVi Scanner contains a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Do not attempt to remove the battery.
• Discontinue the use of any product if skin irritation develops.
• The iTOVi Scanner is a precision device and should be treated with care. Do not drop, bang, hit, or cause other impacts to the scanner.
• The iTOVi Scanner is not recommended for use in extreme temperatures.
• Do not dispose of your iTOVi Scanner device in a fire. The iTOVi Scanner device contains a lithium-ion battery, which may cause an explosion if overheated.
• The iTOVi device does not contain any hazardous materials. For proper disposal instructions, consult your local waste management facility. Recycling should be used where available.
• DO NOT make unauthorized alterations to this product. It may be dangerous and will void your warranty.
The battery charge level is indicated in the app. If the battery level is low, you should charge the battery before your next scan.
CHARGING THE BATTERY
• To charge the battery, plug the supplied charging cable into the handheld device. The device should only be charged using the supplied cable and wall adapter.
• The LED light will blink while charging. Once the battery is fully charged, the light will turn off. Note: The scanner will not work while it is plugged in.
• If you store the device longer than 30 days, check the battery power level and recharge the battery before using (if necessary).
Caution: Only use the provided power supply accessories.
STORAGE AND TRANSPORTING
The iTOVi Scanner comes in a hard-sided protective box. We recommended keeping the device in this box while you are transporting or not using it. Store the scanner in a cool, dry location.
SERVICE, MAINTENANCE, AND CLEANING
Your iTOVi Scanner is built to provide long-lasting, reliable service. As with any precision instrument, treat it with care. Do not drop it or bang it on hard surfaces. You can clean the iTOVi Scanner exterior surface with a soft, damp cloth. We recommend that you periodically inspect your unit for wear and proper functioning. Caution: Do not immerse iTOVi Scanner or accessories in water or other fluids or liquids. The device warranty does not apply for water damage.
Used devices should be disposed of in the same manner as other electrical waste products that contain a lithium-ion battery.
iTOVi warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for one (1) year from the time of purchase. If the iTOVi Scanner fails to operate because of a defect in materials or quality at any time within one (1) year of the purchase date, it will be replaced free of charge by iTOVi, LLC (return shipping not included). Extended warranties are available at an additional nominal fee.
This warranty applies to the original purchaser.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, in which case the exclusions and limitations may not apply. This warranty gives specific legal rights, and may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. To determine the legal rights in your state, consult your local or state consumer affairs office or State Attorney General. If you wish to purchase an extended warranty after the purchase of your iTOVi Scanner, there is a 30-day grace period to buy an extended warranty package. Contact iTOVi, LLC directly for more information.
Device complies with: IEC 60601-1-2:2014 (EMC) IEC 61000-4-2 (2008) IEC 61000-4-3 (2006), A1:(2007), +A2:(2010) IEC 61000-4-8 (2009) CISPR 11 Emissions Class B (2009), +A1:2010 Radiated Emissions Conducted Emissions FCC Part 15B This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and 2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This radio transmitter has been approved by Industry Canada to operate with the antenna types listed with the maximum permissible gain indicated. Antenna types not included in this list, having a gain greater than the maximum gain indicated for that type, are strictly prohibited for use with this device.
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.